EDUCATION FOR UNDER 18
School Education in Australia
School education in Australia includes preschool, preparatory, primary school, secondary school and senior secondary school or college. Schooling lasts for 13 years, from preparatory to senior secondary. School is compulsory until at least the age of 16. All schools must be registered with the state or territory education department and are subject to government requirements in terms of infrastructure and teacher registration.
A higher standard of learning
- Australian schools are among the finest in the world. See for yourself what makes an Australian education so valuable:
- Small class sizes (a maximum of 30 students in a class).
- University-trained and qualified teachers and specialist teachers in subject areas.
- Facilities of a high standard – including a high level of technology, with all schools having computers and internet access.
- ‘Gifted and talented’ programs to extend students who are high achievers.
- ‘High Achievement’ programs, which see the top students studying university-level subjects for advance credit.
- Individual learning programs for students who require additional learning support.
- Quality assurance frameworks where schools must meet required standards.
Producing global leaders
The Australian school curriculum prepares you for your future. Our schools aim to develop students into independent and successful learners, confident and creative individuals, and active and informed citizens – with the view to giving them all the skills, knowledge and capabilities to thrive in a globalized world. From Kindergarten to Year 12, Australian schools focus on providing equity for every student, and striving for excellence in all areas of education.
After completion of senior secondary school (Years 11 and 12) students sit exams and receive an official certificate of qualification. The name of this certificate varies within Australia’s state-based education systems but regardless of what the certificate is called, it is recognized by all Australian universities, higher education and vocational education and training institutions, as well as many institutions internationally.
For Australian Visa Assistance visit our Australian Migration site Gogozing Migration a part of the Gogozing Group.
Gogozing Education are working hard to get you the best selection of elementary and high schools in Australia. If you have a specific school that you would like your child to attend please let us know and we can contact them on your behalf.
For other educational options click below:
To study in other countries click your choice below: