WHAT IS ELICOS (ESL)
ELICOS’ stands for the first letters of Australia’s ‘English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students’. In many parts of the world it is simply referred to as ESL or English as a Second Language.
ESL or ELICOS programs have been designed for students who require English language training before commencing formal studies in Australia. There are other English language programs that a student can do, but the Australian government has an official ELICOS student visa especially for students who do one of these courses.
- General English (Emphasis on communication skills)
- English for Academic Purposes (preparation to study at university, TAFE or a private college)
- Examination Preparation (IELTS or TOEFL, Cambridge, OET-Occupational English Test, etc)
- English for Special Purposes (Business English, HAP, etc)
- English for Secondary School Preparation (HSP)
- Study tour programs (Which include other extracurricular activities)
For Australian Visa Assistance visit our Australian Migration site Gogozing Migration a part of the Gogozing Group.
To view information on a particular school and the most popular courses they offer click on the following school logos:
For other educational options click below:
To study in other countries click your choice below: