NEW ZEALAND HIGHER EDUCATION
New Zealand has eight world class state-funded universities. They each offer various levels of degrees in a large choice of subjects. All New Zealand universities are well recognized internationally. They work with universities in other countries on research and teaching programmes, and with the business community in New Zealand and overseas on cutting edge research and development projects.
- New Zealand universities offer higher degree-level education. Programmes are research-led and generally academic rather than vocational. In the 2015/16 QS World University Rankings, all eight of New Zealand’s universities were in the top 100 in at least one subject.
- All New Zealand universities are ranked amongst the world’s best by QS World University Rankings.
- New Zealand universities rank in the world’s top 100 in 39 subjects in the 2017 QS World University Rankings.
New Zealand universities are quality assured by Universities New Zealand. It’s responsible for monitoring and maintaining standards and approving the qualifications of each university. All New Zealand universities are located within a city either in the North Island or the South Island.
Universities in New Zealand offer courses in a wide range of areas at the following levels:
- Bachelor Degree
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
- Master Degree
- Doctorate (PhD)
Each university has its own entrance requirements for each course offered. You will also need to have a minimum level of English before you can start a course. There are two semesters in a year and some courses allow you to start in either semester.
New Zealand is home to a number of excellent pathway providers that will help you on your way to a university education. Generally, university pathway programs often run about 20 hours a week for an academic year, although you can undertake intensive courses to reduce the time it takes to get into your university Degree program. University pathway programs are for students who are not eligible to apply to a bachelor course directly or who want to study in advance prior to start the intended bachelor course as a preparation step.
Why choose a university pathway program?
- Great pathways to New Zealand’s renowned universities
- Get to know the city you’ve chosen, improve your English and learn about life in New Zealand
- Learn about New Zealand culture before you begin university studies
- Flexible entry programs allow you to start at various times throughout the year
Gogozing Education are working hard to get you the best selection of higher education in New Zealand. If you have a specific school that you would like to attend please let us know and we can contact them on your behalf.
To study in other countries click your choice below: